Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Apple Pie & Pie Aprons

 
There's something so wonderful about baking a pie.  Something so good about mixing the pie dough with your hands and feeling the coolness of the butter and Crisco combining with the softness of the flour.  And, of course, making it all come together while wearing an apron!

And not just any old apron, but a Retro Revival pie apron!  I have a new batch (part of my 2013 Fall Collection) available in my Etsy shop.


I've blogged a couple of times about this perfect, and perfectly simple, pie recipe from Beth Howard (here and here) so if you haven't tried it yet, I hope you do.

 
I promise you, you'll be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is, and even better?  How amazingly delicious it is!
 
 

In other Beth news...did you hear that she's publishing her first cook book?  I'm so excited for her!  You can pre-order it on Amazon now (it hits newsstands April 1, 2014).

 
OK, now I've worked up an appetite for breakfast.  Pie of course!

7 comments:

vintage grey said...

Oh, such yummy apple pie and sweet aprons!! xo Heather

Betty Lou said...

These are so.cute, Cindy. Have to check your Etsy shop.

Becky said...

Cute Apron - as always. Pie looks lovely!

Did you cut your hair? Looks good!

CoriLynn said...

Delicious looking pie and the most adorable aprons! I am always amazed and inspired by your talent!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Such a cute apron! I love apple pie. I can't wait to make one for Thanksgiving.

blessings,
Amy Jo

Missy Shay said...

I remember you talking about the recipe last year and I tried it for Thanksgiving. It was my first apple pie and it turned out delicious!

Anonymous said...

I tried this recipe and it was delicious.