For many people strawberry pie is a summer staple, but here in Florida, spring is strawberry season! And in our home, spring is officially strawberry pie season! Over the last month, I've made six strawberry pies. Yes, six, but I gave three of them to our neighbors.
Last year I focused on perfecting my one-crust, unbaked strawberry pie (recipe here).
And this year, I've mastered the two-crust, baked version. OMGosh, it's as delicious as it is pretty!
Baked Strawberry Pie
2 9" unbaked pie crusts
1 1/4 cups white sugar
6 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups strawberries, washed & dried, and cut into big bites
1 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
1. Mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon and pour over strawberries; very gently mix.
2. Pour mix into bottom pie crust and dot with butter.
3. Cover with top crust, cut slits into crust, seal and flute edges.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place pie into refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Bake pie for 30 minutes on the top rack of your oven, and with a cookie sheet to catch any drips.
Hope you have a great day!