I think you all are well aware that I'm pretty crazy in love with our beagle, Twyla. And though I think she's the most gorgeous pooch ever, I recently decided she needed something special to wear to the bark park.
A doggy corsage!
I like it so much that I think I might add them to my Retro Revival website and Etsy shop. After all, corsages are so 50's ~ so retro!
In case you'd like to whip one up for your canine beauty, here's how...
1. Gather your supplies: silk flowers, craft felt, craft glue, elastic, tape measure, scissors and wire cutters.
2. Measure the width of your pooch's collar.
3. Cut a rectangular piece of felt, double the width of the collar and as long or short as you'd like, depending on how many flowers you'll use; mine was about 6".
4. Fold the felt in half, length-wise, and stitch together.
5. Cut 3 pieces of elastic.
6. Stitch the elastic pieces equal distances apart along the length of the felt.
7. Using scissors and/or wire cutters, clip your flowers from their stems and glue them to your felt (opposite side of elastic).
That's it! Maybe 10 minutes of time to make the perfect accessory for your poochie!
Making the dern thing was the easy part ~ much easier than getting Twyla to set still for pictures!
I made one and sent it to Atlanta for our grandoggy too. This is Dakota:
Remember to share a comment so that you're entered to win this month's blog giveaway, these darling, vintage salt & pepper shakers. Drawing is July 31st ~ good luck!