Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fervent Fixation with Flatware

I have a thing for flatware.  Heavy pieces trimmed in a gold finish for fancier occasions:
 

And mismatched pieces for every day use.  I've been adding to our eclectic collection for a couple of years now, picking up a piece here and there at flea markets and thrift stores.
 
 
My enthusiasm for silverware has spilled over to the motif on fabric too.  Here's a peek at the Retro Revival aprons I've recently made (available in my Etsy shop).
 
"A Spoonful of Sugar" has brightly colored spoons in shades of pink orange, blue, green and brown.
 
 
"Kitschy Cutlery" features utensils in retro shades of aqua and pumpkin on a buttery yellow background:
 
 
The same print but on a soft aqua background:

 
"Tossed Utensils" has forks, knives and spoons on black with white rick rack trim:
 

"Delightful Dishes" showcases teeny, tiny forks and knives on plates:



"Diner" with more teeny, tiny forks and knives on this fabric:



The colors on "Retro Utensils" remind me of growing up in the mod 1970s kitchen in my family's home:

 
And a "Loving Spoonful" ~ creamy white spoons on a soft grey background:


Stick a fork in me.  I'm done for now.

Hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love all of them!!

Glad to know I am not the only one who has and likes having random flatware!

vintage grey said...

They are all so sweet!! Happy weekend! xo Heather

donna said...

Your aprons are just to cute.
Hugs
donna