Thursday, September 5, 2013

Glad Rags Vintage Clothing Documentary Filming

(Photo courtesy Glad Rags)
 
The Glad Rags team (that's Vallerie Perrault on the left and Brianne Richard on the right) visited Retro Revival to film a segment for their documentary film series, "Glad Rags."  The gals are traveling across the USA, from Boston to Los Angeles, exploring the history of textile production and sustainability of vintage clothing, by interviewing people who buy, sell, live and love vintage.
 
Brianne contacted me a few months ago after discovering this blog.  Isn't Blogville an amazing place?!  She and Vallerie were interested in filming me and learning more about how I collect and upcycle my found vintage linens into aprons.

 
I was nervous about their visit, not knowing what to expect and never having been filmed before this.  Turns out, I had no reason for worry because they were the sweetest young ladies!  So smart and passionate about vintage linens and clothing, and within minutes we were laughing and chatting like old friends!
 
(Photo courtesy Glad Rags)
 
They're heading to Raleigh and Florida next, and then on to Atlanta, Tennessee, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and ending in Los Angeles.  If you know a person or place of textile interest, please let them know!  Their email is gladragsdoc@gmail.com.
 
(Image courtesy Glad Rags)
 
 
The team, including their friend Heather on the left, wrapped filming by playing a bit of dress up in my aprons ~ so fun!
 
You can learn more about Glad Rags and their mission by visiting their website.  You can also follow the adventure on their Facebook page, Flickr page, and Instagram.  The documentary series will hopefully be ready to debut sometime after the new year ~ of course I'll keep you posted.

 

5 comments:

Betty Lou said...

What fun, not too many years ago you could be into vintage linens and aprons and think you were the only one on the planet with such a passion. Now by the magic of the Internet we connect with our sisters who share our obsessions. Amazing, but then I don't even understand how the telephone works! Lol

ImagiMeri said...

Congratulations girlfriend, and thanks for the heads up. I've already sent them an email of someone to see here in Arizona.

Hugs,
Meri

CoriLynn said...

So exciting! Lookin good in those aprons!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Wow! that sounds like a really neat visit. Looks like you had tons of fun together.
I don't have a clue who to suggest for Texas...(off the top of my head) but if I think of anyone...I'll let you know.
Boy! the background on your blog IS BUSY!!!
...y'all look cute in your aprons. Pat

Little Susie Home Maker said...

That is very exciting! Congratulations, I can't wait to see it! Looks like a great amount of fun !
Blessings
Susie