Thursday, August 1, 2013

New Studio Space Photo Tour

I realized I haven't shown you my new studio space.
 
Welcome!  Walking in the room...
 
 
With so little space (10'x13'), I decided to use these restaurant shelves (Restaurant Depot with my business license) to hold my stacks of fabric.  Setting them up, library-style, allows me to easily access both sides of the shelving.
 

In between each of the three shelves, I have other goodies, like one of my mannies.  See the beautiful tea towel hanging behind her?  Lovingly stitched for me by Heather of Vintage Grey.

 
Inspiration board:
 
 
And because there's really not enough room for my vintage bust, she's hanging out on the floor!


Trusty ironing board (previous post about this beautiful board cover here):


Tub, filled with Retro Revival shower cap orders ready for shipping:


I'm using all six of my vintage train cases for storage too (ric rac, bias tape, lace, etc.).  Since we only plan on being in this place until next April, and rather than spending money on window treatments, I just tucked a couple of my vintage tablecloths around wooden dowel rods above the windows.

 
A few of the other girls keep watch over me while I sew all day.
 
 
 
This converted book case is "shower cap central," and holds all of my shower cap supplies:
 
 
This sewing machine drawing was a gift from my BFF.  Susana from Parada Creations made it.  Isn't it sweet?  I got all choked up when I opened it ~ so thoughtful!


It's a small space but a happy place.  Heading back up there now to stitch away my day!

10 comments:

donna said...

Your sewing spaces looks great. I love your tub, so cute.
Hugs
donna

Jasper's Cottage said...

I love your studio, looks like the perfect place to be creative!

Anonymous said...

I love it all! thanks for the tour. Thanks for the tucking the table cloth idea. I so want to use mine in a window treatment but don't dare cut them up! ♥

ImagiMeri said...

Very cool! I'm jealous that your Restaurant Depot lets you shop there. Mine won't let me shop there as my business license is not restaurant related......how mean! Love your turquoise scissors!

Hugs,
Meri

Unknown said...

I could sew in there!! :)

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oh man! your sewing studio is wonderful. I love all the colors of the fabric it makes a wonderful mosaic of color.

So neat and orderly too. :)
Pat

vintage grey said...

I love your sweet studio space!! So pretty and organized!! Love all your pretty Wilendur rose valences!! Such a pretty and creative space you have made!! Glad you are enjoying your sweet tea towel!! Happy day to you! ;) xo Heather

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Look at your little run! How cute! Wow, you sure are able to put the space to such good use! It is really a week thought it work space. I am really going on changing our one of our rooms into a sewing crafting area soon. It is about the same size with a window in the middle of two walks and a closer in a third. I hope I can use the space as well!
Love all you pretty ladies!
Blessings
Susie

CoriLynn said...

It's perfect. So organized and lovely. How do you get any work done? I would want to just sit and stare at all those beautiful fabrics! <3 <3 Gorgeous!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

Becky said...

I could work in a room like that! Simply lovely!