Is it the yummy pies I've been baking? Menopause? Not enough exercise?
Probably all three.
So I've joined the gym and have been huffing, puffing and sweating buckets to lose some of the chub I've gained over the past couple of years.
And I'm eating healthy. Fortunately, I really do love fish, fruit and veggies! My favorite concoction of late is a quick and delicious fish taco recipe I've put together.
I've made them with both talapia and shrimp. Here's the recipe I've put together if you want to give it a try...
- One piece of fish or serving of shrimp (makes 2 tacos)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (divided)
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup shredded cole or broccoli slaw mix
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Splenda or sugar
- Dash of creole seasoning (optional)
- Dash of pepper
- Whole wheat tortilla
- In a small, nonstick skillet, pour 1/8 cup lime juice and the soy sauce.
- Add fish to skillet and cook until done (about 3 minutes each side).
- While fish is cooking, mix sauce by combining remaining lime juice, sour cream, sugar, creole seasoning, and pepper in a bowl.
- Toss slaw with sauce.
- Lay fish onto tortilla and spoon on sauce.