I get so excited when I try a new recipe and it turns out delicious!
So easy, here's how I made it:
Ingredients:1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 box frozen, chopped spinach, thawed, drained
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Couple dashes black pepper
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 cup panko
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Rinse chicken and dry with paper towels, then butterfly.
3. Combine ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic and pepper and mix until thoroughtly combined.4. Fill the chicken pockets with ricotta mixture and season each side with pepper.
5. Secure the chicken closed with tooth picks.
6. Dip chicken into panko until both sides are evenly covered.
7. Heat olive oil in an oven-proof skillet over high heat. Once your skillet is hot, brown chicken on both sides (about 3 minutes each side).
8. Place skillet in oven and cook for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
I found this recipe on For the Love of Cooking (so many yummy recipes there!) but adapted it to accommodate ingredients I had on hand. Whether you use the original recipe or my adaptation, I hope you'll give it a try and let me know what you think ~ you'll be entered to win this month's blog giveaway: