Monday, November 28, 2011

Is It OK to Eat Pie for Breakfast?


Boy am I feeling lazy this morning, despite the fact that I have lots of orders to fill.  Word-of-mouth, Facebooking and this feature in IndieSpotting really paid off for my business!



I've received lots of Retro Revival apron and shower cap orders ~ yay!

So though I really should be sewing, all I really wanna do is have another piece of pie and daydream about our wonderful Thanksgiving, spent with our son and daughter-in-law.  A few highlights...

(Captain Project deep frying the turkey)

(Yujin with the cherry-cranberry pie)

(Veggie sautee for stuffing and green beans)

(Seriously?!  Every dern year!)

(The feast)

Such a great Thanksgiving, especially since it was Yujin's first!  She got quite a kick out of all of our American traditions, and loved the turkey!


After Thanksgiving, we ate more pie, then visited our local winery, took a tour of the processing plant, strolled the grounds and snapped these pix of the newlyweds:





Oh!  And Yujin asked me to teach her how to make red sauce and lasagna.  Turned out beautiful and delish!


Must.get.to.sewing!

Wait, is it OK to have pie for breakfast?

I have an upcoming show to prepare for, need to clean the house and put up our Christmas decorations.  The holidays have me so distracted ~ is it reasonable to expect that I actually get anything accomplished this week?!  Terrible, isn't it?  It's the pie, I tell ya!

This is my last November blog post, and your last chance to leave a comment so that you're entered to win this month's giveaway!


I'm drawing the winner tomorrow ~ good luck!
 


3 comments:

Donna said...

Love all the pics! You CAN eat pie whenever you want too! I wasn't feeling well the other night and had to get out of bed to take some meds and thought I would have a bite of pie in the middle of the night :) It was soooo good!
So glad your busy with your business!
I LOVE the apron ... did I tell you that before :)
Hugs,
Donna

SueLovesCherries said...

Yes! You CAN eat pie for breakfast! In fact, that's what the colonial people did. I had mincemeat pie for lunch/supper late this afternoon. Oh, and two slices of swiss cheese, too! LOL!

I probably didn't make it in time for the giveaway, but that's okay. I'm sure they'll be another time.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

The key is to assign someone to the marshmallows and never let them take their eyes off of them. Too funny. I am so loving your blog. I am a retro momma too. Dinner at five everyday.