Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wedding Bling


My daughter Natalie's been searching for a vintage-y looking brooch or clip for her wedding updo but hasn't had any luck.  We set out a couple of weeks ago to look again.  Still nothing.  BUT, we did find these:


Not wanting to wear a headband, we pried the bling from the headbands,


and glued a little bit of pewter colored felt to the sharp edges on the underside:

(Gratuitous engagement ring shot!  Isn't it pretty?)

Then we glued hair clips onto the backside:


We waited 24 hours (following the directions on the glue packaging) and wa-lah!


Two gorgeous hair brooches for less than $30 bucks!  We may clip them in her hair together so that they look like one really big one.  Haven't decided yet.  Stay tuned for the final look ~ wedding's only eight weeks from now!

Have any wedding preparation tips you want to share?  Leave a comment here and you're automatically entered to win this month's blog giveaway ~ an awesome, handmade steering wheel cover from Whoopsie Daisies!


I'll randomly draw a winner on September 30th.  Good luck!

12 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Cindy,

What a wonderful idea you ladies had. My oldest daughter was married just over 1.5 years ago, so I know the excitement, exhaustion and happiness you are embarking on right now. I wish you nothing but happiness and success with your upcoming wedding planning.

Hugs,
Meri

Julie Harward said...

A great idea...it is so glamorous! Creativity is such a gift! ;D

LAUREN said...

Love your creation!

Cindy said...

Hmmmm yummy looking!!! Great job on being creative....love them!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

My Vintage Mending said...

Lovely...looking for something that you can't find is why I turned to crafting and sewing. It is the details that make the day...smiles...Renee

Michaele said...

So crafty! Love the outcome!

Suz said...

Pretty. I hope you post the photos.

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Oh these are gorgeous! I'm sure her wedding is going to be fabulous, you both are so talented and creative!

Yujin Cho said...

This is so pretty!

Jenny's Heart said...

Lovely! They look great and what a creative solution.
I love the look.

BeautifulDees said...

Very lovely...I think they will look just wonderful on the new bride.
Thank you for your dear comment's.
Love,Debbie

Sanni said...

I got seasonal flowers from the farmers market and did them myself. worked out real well instead of paying $600 of each bouquet(5 bridesmaids and myself). instead i spent $200 and all my supplies