Thursday, March 21, 2013

Modern Styling With Vintage Hats

Inspired by Carrie Bradshaw, my daughter Natalie and I have been on a mission to find ourselves vintage fur hats.

When we get together (she's in Philadelphia and we're in Florida), we scour vintage shops and flea markets in search of discarded hats needing new homes.  Natalie's brown fur hat find:


I love this picture of her ~ so chic!

When we visisted her and our son-in-law, Daniel, recently, we stumbled into "vintage hat nirvana" in an old dress shop.  No, I didn't buy the hat I was modeling ~ a bit too Phyllis Diller for my taste ~ but I did get the one in my hands:


These are the ones we bought:


So fun!  The hunt, and of course, getting to spend the weekend with two of our favorite people.


Natalie also has a Carrie-inspired skirt:


I love this!  Think I'm going to have to dedicate an entire future blog post to this skirt!

11 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I love trying on vintage hats at the store! I bought two a couple of months ago, I should check back and see if they have any new ones!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

FAB-U-LOUS DAAAHHHHLING!! :) What a fun day shopping for vintage hats!

Paulette said...

I remember when ladies and young girls wore hats to church every Sunday. What a fun way to spend time with your daughter. Love your hats!

Betty Lou said...

Darling hats, you look very "Jackie.". I love the old hats and have purchased three, all pillbox style.

Mecky said...

That hat looks great on you! Great find! My DD loves old hats, so I try to buy them when I find good ones.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. That was so thoughtful of you!


Mecky

Becky said...

As I said on the facespace - fabulous and you look beautiful! I have a mink headband that I love and wear. And a dark brown fur pillbox-ish hat too.

You'll have more chances to wear your hats in D.C!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. It looks like you had so much fun !!

Donna said...

Adorable hats! You both look so cute in them. Can't wait to hear more about the skirt.
Hugs,
Donna

Tammy's in Love said...

The hats are adorable and could be put to good use in MN! It was 8 degrees with windchill of -10 this week! Spring My Eye!

Anonymous said...

La dieta es muy simple. Durante tres das, usted
se limita a la que personas como usted estn constantemente en la bsqueda de mejores dietas para bajar de peso.
http://como-adelgazar-aqui.com Las mujeres Embarazadas o de lactancia materna
deben tener especial cuidado cuando se piensa una nueva
dieta, porque puede crear fcilmente su propia receta.

Pero Cmo principio rector de esta dieta es la afirmacin
de que el consumo de grasas no engordan.

como adelgazar los brazos Consumir
suficientes protenas tambin te ayudan a construir masa y ya que la dieta
de jugo te da energa, te dars cuenta de que eres muy productivo.

Anonymous said...

Love the skirt Cindy, just found you and look forward to following you hugs peta-ann xxx http://vintage-delights.blogspot.co.uk/