Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ridding the World of Ugly Shower Caps

I often joke that with every Retro Revival shower cap I sell, little by little, I'm ridding the world of the ugly, plastic kind (you know, the ones that get all moldy and easily rip).  Three years into business, my plan seems to be working...

(My best Dr. Evil pose)

As of December 24th, I've sewn and sold 1,538 caps.  They adorn the heads of women in all 50 states except South Dakota and New Mexico.

What?!  I'm eyeing you, South Dakota and New Mexico!


I've sold them to women in 20 foreign countries, including such faraway places as Malta, Spain, and Norway.  My biggest foreign buyers are in Canada and Australia.  11 retailers, from Orlando to Los Angeles, and in Canada and Australia, are carrying them.

I'm offering them in over 60 fabric options now.

(Some of my newest fabric options)

My top sellers...

#5 Dots Marks the Spot:


#4 Sweet Swirls:

(Photo sent by customer Elizabeth)

#3 Hot Dots:

(Photo sent by customer Ashley)

#2 Dotsie:


And my #1 best seller is Animal Instinct Pink:

(Photo sent in by customer Suzanne)

It's been a super busy holiday selling season.  In November 2011 shower cap sales totaled 59, this November they totalled 107.  In December 2011, I sold 79, and this month 111!

Phew!  I'm very happy and very grateful!  Planning to relax a bit now.

In my shower cap, of course!

5 comments:

Marcheline said...

Holy cats, aren't they cute! And you! Too cute! Gawd, I love that bathtub. I have the jealouses.

Suz said...

I wear mine (I have two that you made me) everyday when I shower.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi cindy!
I loved your post! What a great way to start the new year in hot pursuit of South Dakota and New Mexico!
Your caps are too cute. You've chosen such snappy prints!
Thanks for putting a smile on my face!
Blessings this coming year.
Carolynn

Michaele said...

Wowzer! You must be a sewing wiz! That last shot is so dang cute!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Congratulations!! That is so great. They are just so darn cute!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Susie