Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cherry Picked {Vintage Finds}

Got lucky thrifting recently...


You know I'm a jadeite freak so I obviously couldn't pass up this beauty:


Then I spotted this milk glass glove box with painted gold highlights.  Could I justify buying it?  I haven't worn gloves in over five years ~ not much need here in sweltering Florida.


When I began digging through a bin of old costume jewelry, I knew just what to do ~ fill the box with these beautiful, vintage brooches I found!


Check out this unusual, greenish-blue cameo pin.  I've never seen anything like it!


This hand-painted bowl is ideal for serving veggies.


And this little jadeite bud vase is just the most perfect green ~ milky, creamy green goodness!  Flowers or pens, something will find a home here.


Don't you just love the thrill of treasure hunting?!

12 comments:

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

wow, you lucky duck! You got some great finds :) there's some amazing things....wish we had some great thrifty stores to shop like that!

Missy Shay said...

How fun, I love that bowl too! I love thrift store shopping also!

Paula Parrish said...

Ooo-La-La. What a great collection of goodies. ;o)

Betty Lou said...

Good hunting------love all you good finds. I see very little jadite when I go thrifting and the milk glass glove box is most unusual.

ImagiMeri said...

Gorgeous goodies girlfriend, but please don't use any of those vessels for ink pens......they leak.

That bowl is just stunning.

Hugs,
Meri

Anonymous said...

Great treasures! I do love the hunt! Especially now that I'm hunting for my future booth! ♥

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Ooo Cindy you know I love a good treasure hunt! When my Mom and I visited Rome we took a day trip to Naples and Pompeii and visited a factory workshop where they carve cameo's and I found it fascinating! I see milk glass and jadite all the time and think of you...great finds!

Becky said...

Why, yes, I do love treasure hunting! Love what you found too. Is that your Hoosier cabinet and has it always been black?

Fit and Healthy Baby Boomers said...

Just found your blog and I love that it takes me down memory lane. Thanks, Sharon
Fitandhealthybabyboomers.blogspot.com

Blessed Serendipity said...

Cindy you have found some really special things. Love the jadite pieces and the cameo brooch is a beauty. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

xo,
Danielle

Heather Grow said...

Score! I never would have guessed that was a glove box. I guess I don't have a lot of glove opportunities on my coast either.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Yes, I do! And you got two pieces of Jadeite! I am so jealous!!!
Good thrifting day!
Blessings,
Susie