Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Studio Space


New year, new space.  More importantly, more space!

Captain Project and I swapped offices.  A quick tour for you...


My favorite thing about this new space is the built-in storage.  Not only practical but pretty ~ it's so inspiring for me to see all of this fabric out in the open rather than having to dig through bins for it!



We moved in a dresser for additional storage.  It's plain white now but I have plans to gussey it up a bit.


A couple of pretties to point out...this super cute clock with whimsical numbers.  And the green basket was a gift from my BFF; really intended for eggs but now holds some of my business packing materials.


The closet was an add-on by the previous owners of our house and too shallow.  Captain Project moved the bar further out to better accommodate hangers but then the doors wouldn't shut.  No worries, he removed the doors and I made a curtain:


Got lucky finding a whimsical fabric that coordinates well with the citron walls.  Even better with pom poms!


Replaced my rickety dining room chair with a real office chair.  Who knew plastic would be so comfortable?  $22 from Ikea.  Shocking, hot pink too!


Pretty, green $5 bin from Target holds my bias tape:


I switched out the containers on my desk for some of my vintage creamers:


And this little guy is a vintage planter I upcycled into a pin cushion.


My studio space.  My happy place!

What's the favorite thing about your creative space?  Do tell and you're automatically entered to win this month's blog giveaway:


Drawing is January 31st ~ good luck!

23 comments:

Paula Parrish said...

I love your new creative space and everything looks so beautifully organized. Smiles, Paula

My Vintage Mending said...

Cindy it looks amazing. Bright, happy and most of all creative. Love that hot pink chair. I love my space because it has all my favorite things in it. Smiles...Renee

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a beautiful place you have to be creative in! Those shelves of fabric are prettier than any artwork you could hang on the wall, and the lovely curtain is the perfect frame for it!

My creative space is along one wall in my girly sitting room. I haven't been using the space much lately. I just haven't felt inspired.

Anonymous said...

Can I come over and play in that inspiring creative space of yours? You ans I could make so many things with all of your beautiful supplies!

Your space is a gem!
Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

Unknown said...

Oh I just had to pop in and tell you how beautiful your *new* creative space is. I just redid my space to work better for me and it is so amazing how I just want to go in a create now. Your space is so bright and happy! Happy creating in it!
Be Blessed!
Lorena

Jingle said...

What a great space! That built in is amazing! I love that! And your fabric looks fantastic in there!

~Xo said...

Awesome work space! Love your fabric storage. My favorite thing about my creative space is the big mirror I have next to my sewing table which has apron pictures drawn from my daughter.

~Xo

Missy Shay said...

It is so cute, I pinned it! I'm getting ideas for when we build a house and I get my own room.

Jenny's Heart said...

Your space looks great! Som ROOMY
My favorite thing about my space is the top of my desk, I have a glass top and under the glass are photos, cards and bits of love that have been sent to me, all stuff and people I love and I smile every time I look down :)

Michelle said...

So colorful and inspiring! LOVE the pincushion that you made. Will have to try that!

Donna said...

OOOh I love your new space! It is so bright and cheery ... makes me happy!
Will you come organize my fabric??? :)
Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

They ole switcharoo, eh? Looks great! ♥

Kim said...

Your space is super cute! Love the hot pink chair.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Cindy....You have designed such a fun atmosphere to let your creative juices flow! I love all the thoughtful detail you have lovingly shared with all of us!
You put a smile on my face!
Hugs...hugs...hugs

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...for goodness sake! I got so excited about your space that I forgot to share something about my space...Hmm, Let's see...I love the polka dots and the color RED...and, my sewing room is popping with both!
Warm wishes,
Carolynn

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wow, Cindy, your new space is so fun looking! I think it has so much charm. My favorite thing about my creative space is a little folding table that I display pretty little finds for the month, fat quarters, ribbons, buttons, dollies, in coordinating colors, or themes, that I can look at in different ways and become inspired.
Blessings,
Susie

Betsy said...

Your new space is so bright and cheerful! Of course now I want a pink chair just like yours, and the nearest Ikea is 3 hours away!

~Crystal~ said...

Your sewing room, is exactly how I envision my craft room! Love it!

donna said...

I just love your room. You have done a great job. It is so cheerful.
Hugs
donna

Tracey said...

I love your space. It's so bright and inspiring! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

AHHH!! AMAZING! Best studio ever!! x

Amor said...

Dont know why, but cant see my comment. Lets try again! I LOVE those big scissors and noticeboard! LOVE it!

Becky said...

I do not know where to begin! Love this so much! I must blog about my new space.

Planter/odd cup/bowl/dish into pincushion is one of my fave projects!