Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fresh, Modern Houndstooth

Made a change to our living room.  Side by side, the before (left) and today:
 
 
Can you spot the difference?
 
I bought a fabulous new lamp shade!  I love this fresh, modern take on classic hounds tooth!


Here's a close up shot:
 
 
Nicole Duff from Modern Design Studio designed the shade just for me.  It's her fabric design ~ how cool is that?!
 
Interestingly, Nicole launched her business for the same reason I found her shop ~ she couldn't find colorful, modern lamp shades in the stores.  Fast forward a little over a year after opening her shop and her business is booming!  Modern Design Studio has been featured in several international publications, including "House Beautiful" and "Apartment Therapy."
 
Here's a peek into her design studio:
 
(Photo courtesy Nicole Duff)
 
It's eye candy for lamps AND she also designs other home accessories like pillows.  In addition to her exquisite taste and design skills, her customer service is exceptional!  I hope you'll pay her shop a visit and like her Facebook page!

4 comments:

Perfectly Printed said...

Love the lampshade! Makes a big difference!!!

Becky said...

Oh. My. Help>

That is fantastic!!!

Donna said...

I love houndstooth and your lampshade is perfect!
Hugs,
Donna

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Too cute! I love houndstooth and this is just so much fun! Love the colored fabrics in her studio!
hugs,
Jann